Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mom Update

My mom's health was not improving at home. She was getting weaker and became dehydrated. Food goes right through her, and she continues to lose weight. She was hospitalized for a couple of days, and now they are expecting her to be moved to a care facility where she can get full-time, professional help. Please continue to pray for her and for my dad. We are all hoping that in the care facility she will see improvement in many aspects of her well-being.

Michael received many birthday e-mails and was happy to see so much new mail. He has this week and then 4 weeks of school to go. (They go right up to Dec. 23, though he will miss that day as we leave for Samoa). I will finish teaching and giving my final on Dec. 16 ... so the end of the semester is in sight. We will be less busy than usual because there aren't so many Chirstmas-time activities here. We cannot do our usual baking because we have on oven (or mixer or even basics like measuring cups now that I think about it!).

Friday evening this week there is an accounting student (including alums) and faculty gathering. I think it is primarily social. I guess I'll find out! Michael is going to stay at the compound for flashlight tag. Saturday we have a church fellowship-type dinner. The weather has been quite cool this week - high of 50 a couple of days, but the weekend forecast is low to mid 60s, so we will want to get outside. Michael is trying to get me to change to C instead of F, but I am resisting. We both change weather.com back and forth. The Korean style apartment heating is under the floor, which feels great on the feet. But it is not under the tile in the bathroom, so the bathroom is chilly!

I hope your families and friends enjoy a blessed and safe Thanksgiving. It's so different for my family in Arizona this year with my mom being so sick. But in the midst of troubles and suffering, the Lord is a strong tower and refuge. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment