My mom went home from the hospital, which is good. She is still quite weak and needing to recover and regain strength. I believe home health care will be helping.
It's probably not a surprise given how positive our experiences have been that we have shared - but we are staying for spring semester too. I was very thankful to have the flexibility to get to decide. One of the main reasons I want to stay is that Michael's school experience and making friends has gone so well. He has a lot of years we expect he will spend at Trinity in Auburn, so we want to make the most of this opportunity. That he is taking the bus on his own is significant. If I had to ride the bus back and forth to his school twice a day, I'd be losing a few hours a day. Now I actually have more time at work than I do in Auburn ... good thing because the Korean language class takes so much time. But I also have been able to make other commitments with students, have lunch with other faculty, etc. and not feel rushed during the day.
We are also excited that we have made plans to go to Samoa for Christmas. We are glad to keep up our schedule of going at Christmas. I knew I wanted to head out of cold Korea to a warm place, and Samoa is familiar to us. Also, Michael can keep busy with cousins instead of just the two of us going somewhere new. I know the family will be very pleased we can be there. We will fly from Seoul to Auckland and then to Samoa. Michael is excited we will take the KTX (high speed train) to Seoul and then subway to airport. We'll be gone about 12 days. His school break is 2 weeks, so we will be gone for most of it.
Our plans are "Lord willing," we know. But it is nice to have things to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment