Monday, October 17, 2011

Star of the Week x 2

I just received the weekly school newsletter by e-mail. Michael didn't even tell me last week, but he was star of the week in his class and also in Games. Games was the first 5 weeks PE class he attended. (Now his group has switched to swimming.) You might be thinking the class is full of thugs, but really, it is not. And other children have received the recognition for a couple of weeks in a row. There are only 8 kids in class, increasing his odds compared to a large class. I don't even know what Games was exactly, but I know it was strenous and that they were outside on Friday afternoons 1 to 3 in warm weather of September. (He did regularly say the teacher, Mr. McCrimmon, is in very good shape.) Some days he then played soccer with his friends after school. It's a very small pitch, so it's not as much running as at Trinity's field, for example. But I am pleased for him with his physical accomplishments and that he is enjoying the activities.

Now if we would just be happier when he works on astronomy projects!! (Sometimes it seems he has two personalties - one outside the home and one inside.) He has decided to make a moon surface. He can easily figure out how to have accompanying small poster with information bullet points, but it took him a long time to find something on line to suggest a way to go about the surface making. And now I have the Korean word for plaster of paris ... I just need someone who can answer "where to buy?"

On a more serious note, my mom is still in the hospital. She is getting nourishment because of IV, but she is weak. The doctors are having some trouble with diagnoses as well. The physical well-being needs are obvious, but please pray also for spiritual and emotional needs for her and for my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment